Konqueror 4

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Tue Oct 31 09:36:37 GMT 2006

On Monday 30 October 2006 22:33, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > This assumes that we actually need nested view splitting in the file
> > manager though, as opposed to just one splitter i.e. one level of
> > splitting like in dolphin. I'm not sure this is actually used; I often
> > split, but never more than once.
>
> i've seen screenshots with more than one split, but i'm not sure that was
> anything more than showing that you -can-.

FWIW, I did it once, a few months ago. I found it harder to mentally keep
track of which split reflected what folder. Additionally, the smaller splits
were only 1/4th of the window, which is a bit too small for a decent
overview.

You would need to do formal usability testing to find out for sure, but I
strongly doubt it'd be a problem to limit the GUI to only a single split.
Incidentally that also allows having the split functionality more readily
available by providing split handles next to the scroll bars like OpenOffice
and MS Office do in their spreadsheet apps.

--
Martijn

If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost.