Konqueror 4

Lex Hider floss at lex.hider.name
Mon Oct 30 15:05:36 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 31 October 2006 01:15, Martin Konold wrote:
> Am Sonntag, 29. Oktober 2006 18:47 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
>
> Hi,
>
> > try the implementation in dolphin; you'll notice it's quite easy to jump
> > between breadcrumb and editable location bar. there's a button, a
> > keyboard shortcut and a config option.
>
> I gave dolphin a try and I am not convinced. E.g. when I navigate to / I
> can't do this via a button or by clicking on icons. I am forced to use the
> menubar. As we all know being forced to use the menubar has usability
> issues.
>
> The next thing is that dolphin tries to be smart and hides most
> directories. E.g in / I can on my kubuntu system only see
>
> - debootstrap/
> - home/
> - media/
> - usplash_fifo

I'm fairly certain this is a kubuntu specific setting, not a dolphin one.
I currently have dolphin running on my debian system and I can:
1) Access / without menubar.
2) All folder under / are visible: /etc, /tmp, /usr, etc.

Also, from what I can gather from this thread, the current dolphin codebase
would be a starting point for the filemanager that kde4 ends up with. I'm
sure there are many bugs, usability issues that dolphin currently has that
would be worked on in time.

Lex.