Improvements on ad blocker

Philipp Hülsdunk philipp_huelsdunk at yahoo.de
Sun Oct 8 08:16:29 BST 2006

I am trying now to make my idea clear.
My Idea of ad blocker contains two parts.
The first part is a block-list: It contains regular expressions of sources of
imgaes. If one regular expression matches to the a source of an image that
image will not be shown. This part is already in khtml implemented. It is the
current ad blocker.
My second part of my idea is to search the html code with regular expressions
and to replace it by regular expressions. These find and replace expressions
are stored in a list. This part allows to remove java script ads too.
It works should wor like Proxomitron or Privoxy.
Look here to know about
Proxomitron "http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proxomitron".
What I need to implement this is to have direct access to the html code and to
manipulate. So could somebody tell me how can I do this. I do not know much
of khtml and its functions.