Improvements on ad blocker

Philipp Hülsdunk philipp_huelsdunk at yahoo.de
Mon Oct 2 14:57:48 BST 2006

Hello,
where is the code for the ad blocker in Konqueror. I want to change some
things in, so that Konq can also block java-script popups.
Here is my Idea:
Ads are blocked with find expressions and replace expressions. Some ads are
marked by comments ( <-- Begin of Ad by Firm A --!> ... <-- End of Ad By Firm
A --!> ). So we will search for the expression "<-- Begin of Ad by Firm
\b.*\b --!>.*<-- End of Ad by Firm \b.*\b --!>" and we will replace it by the
expression "<-- Ad removed --!>".
This is the first part of my Idea of Konq's ad blocker, the second is a blog
list. It is such a list we have in the latest version of Konq: In that list
we have regular expressions and Konq checks every Image source if the source
matches to one of the expressions in that list. If it matches Konq found an
ad and the image will be removed.
My Idea is sort of Proxomitron.
I would like to be a new developer in kde.
Bye
Philipp