Dolphin roadmap

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Tue Nov 28 13:30:42 GMT 2006

On Monday 27 November 2006 13:07, Benjamin Meyer wrote:
> 1.7 seemed very slim.  Search is a key aspect of the future of file
> managers. It shouldn't be some put off thing that someone else is working
> on for something else, it should be in house.

there are a number of search efforts underway and we currently have the best
relationship with the strigi project and related efforts. it would be wise
imho to tie into those efforts. the extent of what we likely need to do is
provide a place where people can input a search term and have the results
reflected in the view.

we did meet with the fellow who has designed the work seen at
http://www.liquidbrowsing.com/ which is a neat set of ideas on how to
integrate search and views.

--
Aaron J. Seigo