Suggestion for Konquerer developers and delivering "stripped" releases

David Faure faure at kde.org
Tue Nov 21 23:04:55 GMT 2006

On Tue Nov 21 2006, Rigo Wenning wrote:
> A bit late my suggestion about Konqi 4
Not really. Too early, possibly ;)

>  but could the Konqi developers make
> the drag and drop a bit more visible? When dropping files on a directory, the
> directory is not marked very much, so the risk of dropping something in the
> directory beside is high and as we all have huge amounts of data, the
> information will be lost. So I suggest some kind of reverse video or some
> nice eye candy showing the target addressed by the drop.
Yes. This is default behavior in Qt3's QIconView: the drop target is painted just as if
it had keyboard focus, which is indeed not very visible when dragging another item (with
a similar outline) on top of it.

In Qt4, hmm, everything is still possible ;) I see a "drop indicator rect" in QListView but
I can't get it to show up.... we can surely paint anything else we want though, things got
much more flexible. I'll try to remember this when I come to it.