Nice antialiased fonts in KDE 4?

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Sun Nov 12 20:09:58 GMT 2006

Eduardo Robles Elvira wrote:
>Though I don't think it's fair to pretend people should read the manual
> of everything they install when you know that most probably they
> followed the howto which didn't mention that missing step.

I'm sorry, this is a new step that is only necessary if you use the
auto-starter. You would never had run into this error message if the
daemon had been started correctly. (the "dbusstart" step, which is no
longer necessary)

> I used the
> howto [1]. I also know about this other howto [2]. In the later one,
> that post-instalation step was added 10 days ago, but I had read it
> only once and before that date. And I decided to use the first one,
> which didn't mention dbus-uuidgen --ensure.
>
>Now both howtos are updated so new kde developers should not have this
>problem ;-).

Thank you.

>Now I'm getting this:
>
>kde-devel at sinpalo:~$ ~/kde/bin/kwrite
>kwrite: FATAL: Session bus not found
>KCrash: crashing... crashRecursionCounter = 2
>KCrash: Application Name = kwrite path = <unknown> pid = 6922
>Warning: connect() failed: : No such file or directory
>KCrash cannot reach kdeinit, launching directly
>
>Now with a genuine, non-bogus machine UUID :P

Can you get me a backtrace of this crash?
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358