Suggestion for Konquerer developers and delivering "stripped" releases

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Mon Nov 6 11:56:32 GMT 2006

> > >To get Konqueuer to crash, using (XUbuntu 6.06), just
> > >go to cnn.com, select the business button. That's it!
> > >Gone...every,.. single,.. time...
> >
> > No crash here. I got redirected to http://money.cnn.com/index.html?cnn=yes
> > and the page loaded just fine. KDE 3.5.5 r594555
>
> Can confirm that it works with Debian's packages for 3.5.5 (with and without
> JavaScript enabled, override and globally), however Ubuntu6.06 had 3.5.4 (or
> something like this) and those are also (very likely modified) Ubuntu
> packages.

I can also confirm that my self-compiled konq/khtml/whatever works perfectly
and repeatedly here. It's a 3.5.5 trunk SVN from sunday.
  But my colleague's MSIE crashed at least 3 times today :-). It's on WXP I
think. It just closed itself, doing nothing more. I think that EVERY software
(maybe excluding those like hello.c) can be made to crash. It's just about
an appropriate input :-). And btw. I like a "total crash" (i.e. segfault)
much more than a "semi-crash", where the program continues to run, but does
something wrong (i.e. executes a shellcode, erases your files, etc.)

                 With regards, Pavel Troller