Konqueror 4

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 22:03:57 GMT 2006

On Friday 03 November 2006 04:08 pm, Mark Rose wrote:
> On Friday 03 November 2006 1:25 pm, Randy Kramer wrote:

> > > use more vertical space, which there is generally less of on most
> > > screens (doubly so with "widescreen" displays), and provide a cryptic
> > > interface element under the url? well, i'd be happy to try it out if
> > > someone does up an implementation but i'm sceptical based on the above.
> >
> > Re the more vertical space--you're right, but an alternative would be to
> > overlay the two lines, so the hot spots were actually on the text of the
> > path (i.e., /usr/local/bin).
>
> How, then, do you click to edit?

Good point, I wasn't thinking about the need to edit the path.  I still like
the idea, and will think about ways to edit--first dumb thought maybe switch
to an edit mode?  And maybe a right click to switch to the edit mode?

I guess I can imagine myself clicking an existing path (directory) to go
somewhere far more often than I'd want to edit to change the path--especially
if I had the chance to have several such paths visible at once, and I could
click in any directory in any one of those paths to jump to that directory.

Randy Kramer