Konqueror 4

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Fri Nov 3 17:23:50 GMT 2006

On Friday 03 November 2006 18:03, Mark Rose wrote:
> On Friday 03 November 2006 9:58 am, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> > I quite often single-click a file in the file dialog and wonder why
> > nothing happens, so maybe this could be used instead of an Ok button ?
>
> How would you then select a file to preview? You could use a mouse-over
> preview, but that gets a bit messy when you already have a hovering pane
> (the modal file window).

That's one of the questions.
E.g. when navigating using the keyboard it's no problem.
When using the mouse it is.
The Finder on OS X uses double click to open and single click to select
(...and get a preview).
I very much like the KDE single click, it's very convenient for me.
Maybe simply preview always the item below the mouse cursor if it hasn't moved
for 0.5 seconds or something like that ?
Which doesn't mean it has to get the selection too, automatically.

Btw. now that we are talking about this, actually I have the impression that
the file dialog isn't used that much for opening files.
At least my girl friend mainly uses konqueror to navigate to the file she's
interested in and then clicks on it so it gets opened with the associated
application.

But then again the file dialog is also used for saving files.
Which is a bit different.

Bye
Alex