Konqueror 4

Martin Konold martin.konold at erfrakon.de
Thu Nov 2 10:34:26 GMT 2006

Am Donnerstag, 2. November 2006 10:51 schrieb Kevin Ottens:

Hi Kevin,

> > filesystems). Offering a proper URL/path is trivial with filesystems.
>
> Except that it gets non trivial for users to reach USB sticks and ftp
> servers.

I meant it is trivial for the application to show the user a URL/path which is
comprehensable in contrast to the weird URLs of modern web applications. The
application expose internal implementation details via the URL which are NOT
usable for the consumer.

> Sorry, but currently I consider it broken so it calls for a fix. media:/
> and system:/ were obviously not the right ones because of interoperability,

Yes, I agree that media:/ and system:/ have severe problems but breadcrumb
does not solve it sofar. (Everything which was presented sofar did not try to
solve this real problem)

If there is a solution for the above problem we should investigate the best
implementation/presentation solution. BC like they have been presented sofar
don't solve any issue.

Regards,
-- martin

--