Konqueror 4

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Wed Nov 1 14:01:22 GMT 2006

On Monday 30 October 2006 08:22 pm, Michael S. Mikowski wrote:
> The only benefit to breadcrumbs is navigating back up the tree.  Maybe the
> URL could be parsed and highlighted in a manner, e.g.:
>
> /usr/local/bin
> ----|-----|---|

I like the sound of that.  I don't know if its envisioned yet, but if such a
thing were implemented, it seems like it would be nice to keep the entire
path in that form somewhere so you could "re-descend" the tree.

What I'm trying to say is:

given:

/usr/local/bin
-----|------|---|

say I click on (under) local, I should move to /usr/local, but keep the entire

/usr/local/bin
-----|------|---|

visible, so I can later click under bin to get moved back to /usr/local/bin.

In fact, I can imagine someplace on the screen where several similar
alternative paths are viewed, allowing me to move anywhere in any of those
hierarchies with a single click:

/usr/local/bin
/home/<user>/work/askRhk/
/blah/blah/blah/blah

I can't recall ever seeing such a (G)UI, but it sure sounds useful.

Randy Kramer