[patch] making referrers work under https

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Thu May 25 20:59:40 BST 2006

Hello,

Usually, http sends a referrer with each request. This also holds true for
https, and referrers are correctly sent on the http(s)-header level.

However, one can also query the referrer on the client side using
document.referrer. While this works for http, it was broken for https --
always returning no referrer at all.

This was actually caused by kio_http, which sends back the effective referrer
it used in the request to the client by writing it into mOutgoingMimeData.
Immediately afterwards, setSSLMetaData() is called, which *replaces*
mOutgoingMimeData with a prepared version of its own. Therefore, the referrer
is implicitly lost and cannot be retrieved on the client side.

My proposed fix is to swap both invocations.

Please review and apply soon! I need this fix for online-banking.

mfg
	Leo