Adblock improvement

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Fri May 12 10:51:12 BST 2006

Daniele Galdi wrote:
> Hi all,
> i am the author of
>
> http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php?content=38915
>
> I think this plugin complete the adblock feature.

Yay! The joy of OSS... :) if you're too laz^h^h slow, someone else will
do it first.

> Is possible to include in kde-addons?

It would be welcome.... have you applied for an svn account.

> I think the entire adblock feature should be in kde-addons like
> extension, and also khtml should be methods to add, remove
> and update adblock filter.

Yup agree with that. It should be separated out and the necessary hooks
to enable it to function incorporated into khtml... however the
easiest/quickest implementation was to simply code it straight into
khtml, so that's what happened.

> Actually the only way to add filter is get KHTMLSetting from
> khtml part, const_cast this because is defined as const and
> invoke the method

If it was all pulled out into addons that clearly would no longer be a
problem. I guess the alternative would be to just add the new filter
setting in directly and then call reparseConfiguration, otherwise adding
add and remove calls to the kpart that call d->m_settings in the same
fashion as the JS-settings calls (grep for "it sucks") I guess.

Regards,

--
Ivor
http://www.ivor.it