kdom and khtml integration

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Mon Mar 6 23:28:32 GMT 2006

Am Montag, 6. März 2006 22:30 schrieb Paulo Moura Guedes:
> > Well, I guess it may be nice if one could magically animate for
> > rendering/attach a custom-built tree. Not sure how hard it is to wire,
> > and I guess you probably know more about all the evil roundtrips via
> > part/view than me.
>
> Not sure about what you mean, but such a WYSIWYG editor would need to draw
> custom content on the canvas.
> AFAIK, this is internal functionality not available to external apps, as
> expected for the purpose KHTML was designed (this is the extensions points
> I mentioned in the other thread).
> I would like to discuss that a little and hear KHTML developers opinion.

As far as I've understood, Quanta needs two types of interfaces. First a means
to inject a custom DOM-tree into khtml which is in turn laid out and rendered
by it. Second, a means to get extents and style information about rendered
objects exceeding what can be determined currently by the public DOM api.

I'd like to know which kind of information VPL needed from the khtml renderer
to work effectively. If the information is not too specific, it should be
possible to design a stable api that satisfies both khtml's need for internal
api flexibility and efficiency, and VPL's or any other consumer's need to
interact with the rendered content.

mfg
	Leo