kdom and khtml integration

Paulo Moura Guedes moura at kdewebdev.org
Mon Mar 6 21:30:49 GMT 2006

On Sunday 05 March 2006 23:23, Maks Orlovich wrote:
> > > - KHTML should be able to render directly this KDOM tree (for VPL mode)
> >
> > If you want _one_ tree, then you need to let the html parsing/tokenizing
> > create the tree. A custom parser can't help there?
>
> Well, I guess it may be nice if one could magically animate for
> rendering/attach a custom-built tree. Not sure how hard it is to wire, and
> I guess you probably know more about all the evil roundtrips via part/view
> than me.

Not sure about what you mean, but such a WYSIWYG editor would need to draw
custom content on the canvas.
AFAIK, this is internal functionality not available to external apps, as
expected for the purpose KHTML was designed (this is the extensions points I
mentioned in the other thread).
I would like to discuss that a little and hear KHTML developers opinion.

Thanks,
Paulo