AW: load images delayed

Tobias Anton tobias at ke.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Fri Mar 3 11:39:26 GMT 2006

Hi Leo,

good question! If the client maintains only one simultaneous connection to
one host, this will do, independently of whether pipelining or keep-alive
are used.

I also already had a look at the situation of pipelining. AFAIK and AFAICS
pipelining is not supported by kio_http, a wishlist item with >130 votes. I
already asked waldo how much work it would be but got no anwer until now.

But also with pipelining, we'd have to use multiple simultaneous connections
for the scenario described in coolo's posting (3MB html with important image
content on top). I don't like this scenario altogether, but it seems I would
have to account for that before committing a patch, so I stick with my
version as a patch for konq-e, where large informative images inside
extremely large html pages are not an issue anyway.

Cheers
Tobias