kdom and khtml integration

Dirk Mueller mueller at kde.org
Fri Mar 3 09:23:30 GMT 2006

On Monday, 27. February 2006 00:21, Rob Buis wrote:

> 1. Split up to more files, like kdom/ksvg & WebCore does,
>    for example dom_nodeimpl.h -> NodeImpl.h.

AKA the C++ disease ;)

> 2. Consider merging webkit datastructures like AtomicString/QualifiedName
> and ElementFactory. This is optional ofcourse, however we have good
> experiences with this functionality in kdom.

Yes, I agree with that.

> 7. Consider renaming khtml to kxml, to reflect the improved xml
> capabilities.

Then we can as well go with "webkit" as a name ;)

Honestly, I fail to see which problems you saw with the modularisation?
Perhaps then it would be easier to decide. Right now I don't think that
"avoiding a couple more virtual functions" would be a ground you base the
start of spaghetti code (see Safari) on.

--
Dirk//\