AW: AW: AW: AW: AW: making fallback access keys configurable

Tobias Anton tobias at ke.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Thu Mar 2 08:51:37 GMT 2006

> On Wednesday 01 March 2006 16:59, Tobias Anton wrote:
> > You could as well be of the opinion that ctrl is just a
> key as every other and should be treated as such.
>
> Yeah let's redefine the meaning of keyboard keys ;-))))
> Sorry, but this makes no sense to me.
> Alt, Shift and Ctrl are modifiers, and have always been.

>From a user's perspective, there's nothing wrong with visualizing accesskeys
when the modifier is active and neither with a sticky setting for the
visualization.

> > it became obvious that holding down ctrl while reading the accesskeys is
> > very inconvenient. To keep that paradigm, yet removing the annoyance, a
> > possible solution could thus be:
> ... to use another key? ;)

The reason why I intentionally avoided this proposal is to avoid disturbing
users that have already adapted.

> I don't think khtml should grab the keyboard when I press Ctrl
> (since that would make Ctrl+F2 completely not-effective).

Certainly. But is there another to get hold of at least one of the events
between the Ctrl-down and Ctrl-up (i.e. one of F1-down, F1-up, F2-down,
F2-up)?

Cheers
Tobias