kdom and khtml integration

Nikolas Zimmermann zimmermann at kde.org
Wed Mar 1 15:21:38 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 14:31, Frans Englich wrote:
> On Sunday 26 February 2006 23:21, Rob Buis wrote:
> > Good evening khtml hackers :-)
>
> Came to think of another thing:
>
> I don't think KDOM as it is now is suitable for kdelibs inclusion. css/,
> core/ and events/ quite thoroughly spews compiler warnings and that isn't
> very correct. It is also avoided in kdelibs, so it would lower kdelibs
> quality.
>
> Likewise, there are admirable efforts for improving the Doxygen in kdelibs.
> KDOMBinder does currently at best generate no doxygen but regularly outputs
> invalid. I think it should be fixed, since otherwise it would lower kdelibs
> quality.
>
> But that's just my personal view on how things should be, of course.
>

> Cheers,
>
> 		Frans

Hi Frans,

you may have misunderstood something. There won't be a KDOM
in kdelibs at all - we will integrate within khtml. That means we won't
port all-in-one-shot, but in little manageable pieces. That includes
regression testing, regression testing, regression testing. I for
sure wouldn't want to introduce new warnings/errors/bugs.

I'm not seeing your point. I want constructive discussions,
mails like these don't help at all. And yes, I'm a bit angry.

Bye
 Bye
  Niko