making fallback access keys configurable

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Wed Mar 1 13:42:08 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 14:31, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>  The code actually seems to check for a press followed by a release. I
> cannot reproduce your screensaver problem at all. Which of course doesn't
> mean there still aren't enough other ways to trigger it accidentally.

I have it regularly for months now. I set the screen saver to simply blank the
screen and by default no locking.

Hitting ctrl to unblank with Kontact having focus (and the KMail part active)
triggers access keys popups. Not all the time though, it seems that even
though KMail ought to be focusless, it has some vague notion of focus, where
it only triggers this if the KHTML part has "focus". It's the same with '/'
for quicksearch btw, if that key works in kmail the ctrl key also triggers
access keys.

Until about a month ago I was running Suse 9.1 with selfcompiled debug builds
of 3.5 branch, but I had the problem long before the 3.5 release already.
Currently I'm using Suse 10 with the 3.5.2 supplementary rpms, same problem.

I'm using the 4-modifier keyboard scheme, and I told kxkb to map the menu key
to Compose (but don't use it for different keyboard layouts), in case that's
relevant.

--
Martijn