making fallback access keys configurable

Lubos Lunak l.lunak at suse.cz
Wed Mar 1 13:31:11 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 12:47, Martijn Klingens wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 March 2006 11:34, David Faure wrote:
> > Almost every time I use Ctrl+F2  Ctrl+F1 to switch desktops and back,
> > when I release Ctrl above the kmail reader window, I get the access keys
> > popping up. Very annoying. I do believe the shortcut should be changed,
> > because Ctrl is a modifier, not a key that is supposed to do something by
> > itself.

 Yes, but it seems we can't do this right now because of string freeze.

> The problem is not so much the ctrl-key itself, it's more the fact that
> KHTML responds to key-up rather than key-press.
>
> If my screen in blanked (screensaver) and I press ctrl to unblank I always
> end up with access keys in Kontact or Konq. That particular ctrl-press
> wasn't meant for Konq or Kontact and thus shouldn't be processed by it
> either.

 The code actually seems to check for a press followed by a release. I cannot
reproduce your screensaver problem at all. Which of course doesn't mean there
still aren't enough other ways to trigger it accidentally.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer
SuSE CR, s.r.o.  e-mail: l.lunak at suse.cz , l.lunak at kde.org