making fallback access keys configurable

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Wed Mar 1 11:47:51 GMT 2006

On Wednesday 01 March 2006 11:34, David Faure wrote:
> Almost every time I use Ctrl+F2  Ctrl+F1 to switch desktops and back,
> when I release Ctrl above the kmail reader window, I get the access keys
> popping up. Very annoying. I do believe the shortcut should be changed,
> because Ctrl is a modifier, not a key that is supposed to do something by
> itself.

The problem is not so much the ctrl-key itself, it's more the fact that KHTML
responds to key-up rather than key-press.

If my screen in blanked (screensaver) and I press ctrl to unblank I always end
up with access keys in Kontact or Konq. That particular ctrl-press wasn't
meant for Konq or Kontact and thus shouldn't be processed by it either.

--
Martijn