AW: AW: AW: making fallback access keys configurable

Ivor Hewitt ivor at ivor.org
Wed Mar 1 11:24:00 GMT 2006

David Faure wrote:
> On Wednesday 01 March 2006 00:50, Tobias Anton wrote:
>> So let's try to
>> separate the bug from the feature: How and why exactly does it disturb you?
>> Maybe if triggering the accesskey would be restricted to certain sensible
>> special cases?
>
> Almost every time I use Ctrl+F2  Ctrl+F1 to switch desktops and back,
> when I release Ctrl above the kmail reader window, I get the access keys
> popping up. Very annoying. I do believe the shortcut should be changed,
> because Ctrl is a modifier, not a key that is supposed to do something by itself.

Perhaps we need something similar to the windows XP access keys
activation? You know when you hold down Ctrl for 8 seconds and it turns
on sticky keys?
double ctrl-click?

For Kde4 do we need some sort accessibility keys applet that can control
these enhancements centrally? Or is one planned?

Personally I'm a fan of the ctrl- activated tooltips use them quite
often on badly designed websites when I can't actually see where the
links are! :)

Cheers,

--
Ivor