Buffer overflow in CGI kioslave?

Michael Pyne michael.pyne at kdemail.net
Fri Jun 23 01:54:40 BST 2006

On Thursday 22 June 2006 15:37, Juergen Pfennig wrote:

> > > output so that occasionally the extra space problem becomes visible. On
> > > the query page my name gets rendered as "J&u uml;rgen" for example.
> >
> > Is the attached file the content that is supposed to be delivered?
> >
> > Regards,
> >  - Michael Pyne
>
> Thank you Michael!
>
> My name is now rendered correctly - and this makes me happy. There could
> still be some 7.000.000.000.000 people remaining unhappy as there is a
> little missing feature left.
>
> Could you imagine to contribute about 15 lines of code to implement the
> charset keyword for the html header? Most people on this planet (including
> me) are no native english speakers and need some character-set like utf-8.

I could but that feature couldn't land in KDE 3.5.4 so it wouldn't be widely
useful anyways. :(

In KDE 4 it could be done (and I need to port the patch to KDE 4 anyways), and
it would even hopefully be easier. :)

Documentation for the CGI kioslave would indeed be nice however.  It doesn't
even have to be marked up or anything, the documentation team is fine with
plain text submissions.

Does anyone on the list have objections to me committing the fix then?  If not
I'll probably commit tomorrow.

Regards,
 - Michael Pyne