AW: AW: kdom and khtml integration

Nikolas Zimmermann zimmermann at kde.org
Tue Feb 28 18:38:53 GMT 2006

On Tuesday 28 February 2006 19:17, Tobias Anton wrote:
> ,
>
> > ... what shows you haven't looked at kdom/khtml2/ksvg2 closely yet :-)
>
> Right. Should I?
Depends, you can also wait for our first integration patches :-)

> > The HTML tokenizing is nowhere dependent on KDOM's parsing backends,
> > that's all done by HTMLParser & HTMLTokenizer itself.
> > We're talking about pure XML processing tasks here...
>
> Cool. That's exactly what my point was.
Okay, sorry for the confusion then...

> > And in fact, kdelibs requires libxml2 anyway - so where's your point?
>
> konq-embed does not and I'd really like to stick to this.
Good that you reminded me of konq-e, I never had that in mind.
What's the status of konq-e, anyway? Will there be a Qt4 version,
depending on khtml trunk at some point? I saw some Qt2 related
patches, and comments from Eva - can you elaborate a bit?

Bye
 Bye
  Niko

P.S. Do you remember Darmstadt 2001 & flip-chart ? :-)