debugging entries in konqi View menu

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Fri Feb 24 16:39:58 GMT 2006

Am Freitag, 24. Februar 2006 00:15 schrieb Richard Moore:
> > It should be sufficient to remove them from the menu (via rc-file). The
> > actions should stay to allow dumps on release builds, too.
>
> I wonder if we could make it so that there is a debug rc-file that
> gets loaded in response to either a debugging flag or possibly a
> plugin that is not loaded by default. That would make it easy for
> people to enable this for bug reporting.

Btw, I've just noticed that dumping is not possible in release builds. So we
only need access to those actions in debug builds.

I suggest default keyboard shortcuts for those actions instead. They won't
harm release builds, khtml developers would know about them and nobody else
would care.

Dump dom-tree to stdout: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+D
Dump rendering-tree to stdout: Ctrl+Alt+Shift+A

It's unlikely to trigger them inadventently and they can be pressed by only
using one hand, even on azerty keyboards.

mfg
	Leo