Kupu support in Konqueror?

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Mon Feb 13 20:25:50 GMT 2006

Am Montag, 13. Februar 2006 16:19 schrieb Maks Orlovich:
> > Currently, Kupu does not work under Konqueror. As OpenUsability hosts a
> > lot of KDE projects, and as many OpenUsability members use Konqueror, we
> > would be very happy if Konqueror would support Kupu in the near future.
> > Have there been any efforts so far?
>
> This is unlikely to happen any time soon, unless Leo comes back to hacking.
> They use designMode stuff, which basically means you have to implement the
> entire editor in the browser, so they can wrap it around with a bit of a
> JavaScript UI.

First of all, the bad news: I won't ever attempt to backport
contenteditable/designmode from WebCore to KDE 3.x.
Second, I'm wary of committing any time to khtml development unless it's sure
that we don't ditch it for WebCore.

Concluding, I'm afraid we won't see contenteditable at all until KDE 4.0.

mfg
	Leo