reporting bugs as an ordinary user

Wolfgang Jeltsch wolfgang at jeltsch.net
Thu Dec 28 23:54:11 GMT 2006

Am Donnerstag, 28. Dezember 2006 22:43 schrieb Aaron J. Seigo:
> […]

> the -real- solution to this is having users step up and help out in a
> meaningful way with QA.

It’s not that I totally dislike writing useful bug reports but there is the
problem with the time.  With a five-person family, a 40 hours job and certain
projects there is not much time to invest in bug report writing.  And if I
want to invest at least a little bit of my time in a bug report and then
discover that I should first invest hours to install a development version of
KDE from source (a thing which I never did before and which could cause many
problems) then my motivation to write this bug report doesn’t increase at
least.  Probably, more of all those pupils and university student singles,
who have so much time to spend, should get more active in the bug reporting
area. :-|

> […]

Best wishes,
Wolfgang