Interesting thing with DNS requests

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Thu Dec 7 18:07:30 GMT 2006

Rigo Wenning wrote:
>It might be hard to fix it, it might be low in priority, but not even
>recognizing it as an issue is an error IMHO. And it is frustrating for
>KHTML too as they might be the fastest in rendering a page. But this
>doesn't buy you anything if KIO takes too much time to load stuff.

Let me repeat once and for all: if your DNS is too slow (over 2
milliseconds for a cached RR), make sure your DNS caching daemon is
functioning properly.

With nscd configured on my machine, I reduce the number of DNS packets on
the page from the original poster of this thread from 655 to 63. The time
to reload wasn't affected significatively.

The problem is not DNS.

    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358