My Dream File Manager

Benjamin Meyer ben+kfmdevel at meyerhome.net
Fri Dec 1 02:37:57 GMT 2006

I know I promised this a few weeks ago, but better late then never. Those on
this list no doubt already are aware of the majority of what is written in
this document, but I was just trying to pull all my notes together in one
place so just skim the sections you find boring.  Note that the vast majority
of the document has very little to do with the interface of the application
but with core functionality which I feel we are skimming over.  When I first
saw Dolphin I thought it was nice, clean, polished, and didn't crash (huge
plus), but at the end of the day it had no real core feature that other file
managers didn't already have.  I wasn't jumping out of my chair and telling
my friends that they had to run it. We can have the best interface in the
world, but if we don't do half of these features we will never get the number
of users like we could.

http://www.icefox.net/articles/dreamfilemanager.php

-Benjamin Meyer

--