AW: Question on http cache

Tobias Anton tobias at ke.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de
Wed Apr 12 13:44:50 BST 2006

> Second, I was wondering if you knew of any way to modify
> a cache file of a webpage directly, in order to get the
> offline url to open a different cached page.

Have a look in http.cc and kio_http_cache_cleaner.cc to find out about the
logic that generates paths and file names of the cache files. You can
certainly modify these files directly, but this may interfere badly with
ioslaves accessing the cache files meanwhile.

Why would you want to modify the contents of the cache anyway?

Don't you rather want to
a) write something different into the cache in the first place or
b) modify the display of a URL if it has been served from the cache?

Tobias