do kipi plugins work with konqueror?

Dave Feustel dfeustel at mindspring.com
Wed Apr 12 10:34:28 BST 2006

On Tuesday 11 April 2006 23:36, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> Dave Feustel wrote:
> > If so, how?
>
> The KDE Image Plug Interface plugins wouldn't work directly in
> Konqueror.  To use them, you would need a KPart to run in Konqueror that
> used the KIPI plugins.
>
> IIUC, Gwenview is currently being developed to do this.
>
> Was there something specific that you needed to do?

I recently discovered that I could record/play mjpeg files
using ffmjpeg/ffplay. Then I read a post that made me think
that a kipi plugin could be used to create a sequence of jpeg
files from an mjpeg file. Not knowing much, if anything, about
plugins, I wondered if the kipi plugins could be used from within
Konqueror. After being informed that they could not, I have since
discovered that jpeg files are more suitable for my purposes than
mjpeg files since the jpeg files take up a lot less space than mjpeg
files, and also much less time to review. But learning how to do video
on kde was a big step forward for me. Kde justs gets better and better
as I learn how to use it. :-).

Dave

--
Lose, v., experience a loss, get rid of, "lose the weight"
Loose, adj., not tight, let go, free, "loose clothing"