Recent regressions in khtml/kjs in 3.5 branch

Pavel Troller patrol at sinus.cz
Tue Apr 11 05:52:14 BST 2006

Hi!
  I'm observing that the recent khtml/kjs changes caused problems with some
sites, which formerly worked perfectly (in 3.5 branch).
  An example is http://alzasoft.cz . The following problems are there:
  1) On a title page, try to click on the "+" sign located before any item
     at the leftmost item selection column. Nothing happens. It should expand
     the item and show its subitems. It worked formerly and still works in
     other browsers (i.e. Firefox).
  2) Select any item and try to buy it (click on a "Koupit" button). It should
     create a new column at the right, showing your shopping cart and its
     contents. A new tab is created instead, which is totally empty. When
     looking at its source, just a script is there, not a whole page. It also
     used to work (I've bought many items in Alzasoft using konqueror) but now
     it's totally unusable and I have to use Firefox for shopping there.

  Another failing site is http://seznamka.cz (a Czech dating service). The
title page is not displayed correctly, it's top part is totally missing.
Reloading the page causes slight variations in the displayed page (its top).
Sometimes a row of numbers is displayed, which comes from <option> tags. It
looks like the parser is totally confused. Again, it used to work and it still
works in FF.

  I'm not sure whether I have to file a Bugzilla entry for these bugs, I would
not like to overfill its database by a bogus bugs. What's your opinion ?

                    With regards, Pavel Troller