New webarchiver plugin

Matthias G. maps4711 at gmx.de
Fri Sep 9 23:51:07 BST 2005

On Friday 09 September 2005 23:58, Michael Pyne wrote:
> On Friday 09 September 2005 17:37, Piotr Szymanski wrote:
> > Oh come on, how can you be so harsh on a contributor that had the
> > patience since kde 3.4! I guess if the code is good enough it
> > could get included and coolo would understand the situation.

Relax, I am not offended or something! No problem with me to delay
inclusion (if at all).

> He wasn't being harsh.  The feature freeze exists for a reason, and
> no matter how code of a coder you are, the code needs to be tested,
> and we are running very short of time in which to do that.
>
> In addition there is the string freeze to keep in mind, which I'm
> sure the new code would break. ;)
>
> If the code is a plugin it may be possible to make a separate
> release of it and have it on kde-apps.org but it's a bit late to
> get it into 3.5.

My code needs some testing anyway, I remember it broke once on a
webpage I cant remember anymore. A separate release is fine with me.

Depending on how difficult and time consuming it is to compile the
KDE4 branch I can try to port my plugin to KDE 4.

Greets,
Matthias Grimrath