KIO and KFM and copy/move/delete operations

Thiago Macieira thiago at kde.org
Tue Oct 18 00:47:46 BST 2005

Rajko Albrecht wrote:
>Am Montag, 17. Oktober 2005 23:46 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
>> How about adding a call to "commit" after whatever operation is done,
>> just like svn and just like transactional databases? There's no need
>> to add
>
>We don't talk about walking trough working copies. But trough the
>repositories. Eg. you can not make commit. As you know subversion
> supports simple operations copy/delete/move (not "put"!) on repository
> without having a working copy. And the KIO is for that. For your daily
> work on working copy that behavior isn't a problem, thats right.

A simple operation is on one file only, or remote-to-remote. In that case,
I see no difference: the ioslave queues up the requested URLs and then
sends one command when the commit() function is called. Just as if you
had a checkout.

>And first making a checkout than make your operation and than commit....
> no. I think, it wasn't meant. (Or will you try it on
> kde-subversion-tree? ;) )

Neither was it what I meant.
    PGP/GPG: 0x6EF45358; fingerprint:
    E067 918B B660 DBD1 105C  966C 33F5 F005 6EF4 5358

2. Tó cennan his weorc gearu, ymbe se circolwyrde, wearð se cægbord and se
leohtspeccabord, and þa mýs cómon lator. On þone dæg, he hine reste.