KIO and KFM and copy/move/delete operations

Rajko Albrecht ral at alwins-world.de
Tue Oct 18 00:21:56 BST 2005

Am Montag, 17. Oktober 2005 23:46 schrieb Thiago Macieira:
> How about adding a call to "commit" after whatever operation is done, just
> like svn and just like transactional databases? There's no need to add

We don't talk about walking trough working copies. But trough the
repositories. Eg. you can not make commit. As you know subversion supports
simple operations copy/delete/move (not "put"!) on repository without having
a working copy. And the KIO is for that. For your daily work on working copy
that behavior isn't a problem, thats right.

And first making a checkout than make your operation and than commit.... no. I
think, it wasn't meant. (Or will you try it on kde-subversion-tree? ;) )

cu

Rajko