Animated gif problem in konqueror

Maks Orlovich mo85 at cornell.edu
Fri Oct 14 13:59:34 BST 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 05:29, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> El Martes, 11 de Octubre de 2005 16:25, Maks Orlovich escribió:
> > On Tuesday 11 October 2005 05:53, Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > > Konqueror 3.5 beta (and Konqueror 3.4.2 as well) seem to have problems
> > > when changing the image source from javascript. I think it to be some
> > > kind of initialization bug.
> > >
> > > Does any of the above ring a bell to you? Where should I look for the
> > > bug? khtml/rendering or khtml/ecma may be relevant.
> >
> > One likely suspect is misc/loader.cpp, in particular when it decides to
> > notify the client of a new image... I can probably take a look at this in
> > 1.5 week or so (especially since it might be my fault) -- so a filed bug
> > report may be helpful, but not anytime earlier.
>
> Yes, that's where I think the problem lays too.

Actually, here is another suspect for you: in RenderImage::paint, there is a
big conditional that does something like RenderImage* i = ....
and chooses between oimage and image. Try putting in RenderImage* i = image;
there. Quite possible that that logic is screwed up for animated gifs.
(Note: this change may introduce some flicker, though :-( )