Konqueror 4 webbrowsing UI

Leo Savernik l.savernik at aon.at
Fri Nov 25 20:31:13 GMT 2005

Am Freitag, 25. November 2005 20:28 schrieb George Staikos:
> On Thursday 24 November 2005 13:31, Leo Savernik wrote:
> > Am Donnerstag, 24. November 2005 17:12 schrieb George Staikos:
> > > Here's a first-attempt mock-up at the Konqueror 4 web browser UI.  I'm
> > > sure there is lots of work to be done, but the key points:
> >
> > As I'm not to inhibit progress on UI, I'm actually more interested in
> > this more general question, not restricted to Konqueror:
> >
> > Will toolbars be finally customisable? And I mean *really* customisable.
> > Real in the sense that they will *pertain* their changes indefinitely,
> > even over version upgrades. Up to now, customisations were *forgotten*
> > the moment the rc-version was upgraded.
>
>   Not my job. :-)  I agree it's horribly annoying, but I don't have
> intentions to work on this.

It wasn't particularly directed at you. I just felt it had to be mentioned
again.

[...]
> > > 2) Statusbar is permanent and unremovable
> >
> > Same like (1)
>
>   Already should be 100% permanent.  If not, it's a bug.

Still there should be provisions for a presentation mode (as Bert mentioned).
However, it mustn't be treated like fullscreen mode, and it mustn't be
activateable by content.

[...]
> > > 5) The [X] button beside location is too clickable
> >
> > And the problem is?
>
>   Users can very easily click it by accident.

And the problem is? Sorry for sounding like an ass, but deleting the address
will not close the document. So there's no harm to be done. Besides, the
address can always be recovered by undo.

> > > 6) Do we need the Location: label?
> >
> > Yes. How else could you dnd an url into the location bar if you have no
> > tab bar.
>
>   You can drop URL into the combo itself.

Which in turn inserts the url exactly at the character the drop takes place.
It will neither form a valid url nor it will automatically load that url.

mfg
	Leo