Konqueror 4 webbrowsing UI

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Nov 25 19:31:29 GMT 2005

On Friday 25 November 2005 00:56, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Thursday 24 November 2005 09:12, George Staikos wrote:
> > 4) Bookmark bar can go beside this toolbar -> shrinks vertical footprint
>
> you likely won't get many bookmarks on it, but it'll be configurable i'm
> sure.

  At least not with full text at full font size, correct.  It should be
movable too, but at least we can have the initial and default setup small
even when it's full-featured.

> > Issues:
> > 1) Would like to have the throbber move to the menubar on the very right
>
> ew. why?

  To get it out of the way of the location and search combos.  That's a
personal preference, not necessary though.

> > 2) The search combo could expand and shrink the URL combo when it has the
> > focus and while as search is in progress, reverting when it loses focus.
>
> that'd be nice. let's be sure to remember to make the expansion / shrinkage
> animated so that it doesn't appear jerky.

  Exactly.

> > 3) Menus need more reduction/refactoring
>
> well, i think we need to seriously revisit how konqueror gets put together.
> but before we can do that, we need to wait to see what happens with xmlgui
> and KAction (see threads on kde-core-devel)

  I'm trying to ignore.... trying...... :-)

> > 5) The [X] button beside location is too clickable
>
> i hate those [X > buttons. they are ugly, not obvious in their purpose and
> very few use them (unsurprisingly). let those who want it add it back
> themselves.

  RMB on combo->[X] Show clear button?

> > 6) Do we need the Location: label?
>
> IMHO, no. there are a number of uses for it, none of which are remotely
> common nor necessary. people can add it back if they wish (i assume that
> this toolbar is still somewhat configurable?)

  IMHO, hopefully as little as possible, but I'm very open to suggestions.

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/