Konqueror 4 webbrowsing UI

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Nov 25 19:44:20 GMT 2005

On Friday 25 November 2005 02:59, Germain Garand wrote:
> Le Vendredi 25 Novembre 2005 06:56, Aaron J. Seigo a écrit :
> > i hate those [X > buttons. they are ugly, not obvious in their purpose
> > and very few use them (unsurprisingly). let those who want it add it back
> > themselves.
>
> ?!
> surely, you can't be speaking of the slick, black, clear-the-location-bar
> button?

the same.

> This is a wonderful KDE innovation elegantly solving the usability problem
> of pasting your primary selection to *replace* some text.

there are other ways. and to be perfectly honest, the concept of primary
selection is an advanced and for copy and replace utterly broken. the fact
that we have MORE gui to work around that limitation of it is telling.

know what i do? i middle click in the browser window itself. much bigger
target.

> That is something simply impossible to do in other browsers/applications.

fair enough; this isn't a rational for keeping it in the default GUI however.

> Hell, firefox even has an extension copying it, intended for those stupid,
> less than 2% anyway, not-on-windows users.

and you and others can add it back if you wish to have it.

--
Aaron J. Seigo