Konqueror 4 webbrowsing UI

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Fri Nov 25 14:35:04 GMT 2005

On Friday 25 November 2005 04:05, Rigo Wenning wrote:
> Am Thursday 24 November 2005 17:12 verlautbarte George Staikos :
> > 6) Security is displayed through the URL bar
>
> I think we should think a bit more about phishing in this context, the
> way it works and the way this can be countered in the UI. If not now,
> we will be told that it is too late and that the codefreeze is
> imminent ;) One challenge e.g. is what to do with the display if only
> one part of a frameset is secured via SSL. Another issue might be to
> have a logo-display in a location not accessible to javascript and the
> like.

  Actually we discussed this at the Toronto meeting and, IIRC, the general
concensus was that it's time for websites to stop using mixed content.  I'm
hoping to display mixed content as insecure, and I think at least one or two
of the other browsers may start doing the same.

> Thomas and I meet next week in Montreal and I will discuss this with
> him. Perhaps we can try to help with this issue and come up with
> suggestions.

  Yes I can't make it unfortunately...

--
George Staikos