Konqueror 4 webbrowsing UI

Martijn Klingens klingens at kde.org
Fri Nov 25 08:59:57 GMT 2005

On Friday 25 November 2005 06:56, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> > 5) The [X] button beside location is too clickable
>
> i hate those [X > buttons. they are ugly, not obvious in their purpose and
> very few use them (unsurprisingly). let those who want it add it back
> themselves.

I agree with your 'ugly, not obvious in their purpose' and imagine that 'very
few use them' because of that, but they are tremendously useful. I use the
button all the time, both in KMail's quicksearch and in Konq (esp middle
mouse paste of URLs on the button is very useful).

Although some uses are typical power user features I don't believe that the
simple act of clearing the edit box is a power user thing. Can't we think of
a way to improve usability rather than ditching the thing from a default
install?

--
Martijn