Konqueror 4 webbrowsing UI

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Fri Nov 25 05:56:53 GMT 2005

On Thursday 24 November 2005 09:12, George Staikos wrote:
> 4) Bookmark bar can go beside this toolbar -> shrinks vertical footprint

you likely won't get many bookmarks on it, but it'll be configurable i'm sure.

> 7) No features had to be removed except the "Go" button, which is quite
> strange in concept I think.  No reason why it can't be added back

i think it's fine being gone.

> Issues:
> 1) Would like to have the throbber move to the menubar on the very right

ew. why?

> 2) The search combo could expand and shrink the URL combo when it has the
> focus and while as search is in progress, reverting when it loses focus.

that'd be nice. let's be sure to remember to make the expansion / shrinkage
animated so that it doesn't appear jerky.

> 3) Menus need more reduction/refactoring

well, i think we need to seriously revisit how konqueror gets put together.
but before we can do that, we need to wait to see what happens with xmlgui
and KAction (see threads on kde-core-devel)

> 4) Could this work for file management too?

i don't think so.

> 5) The [X] button beside location is too clickable

i hate those [X > buttons. they are ugly, not obvious in their purpose and
very few use them (unsurprisingly). let those who want it add it back
themselves.

> 6) Do we need the Location: label?

IMHO, no. there are a number of uses for it, none of which are remotely common
nor necessary. people can add it back if they wish (i assume that this
toolbar is still somewhat configurable?)

--
Aaron J. Seigo