Konqueror 4 webbrowsing UI

George Staikos staikos at kde.org
Thu Nov 24 16:12:06 GMT 2005

Here's a first-attempt mock-up at the Konqueror 4 web browser UI.  I'm sure
there is lots of work to be done, but the key points:

1) URL bar is now permanent and unremovable
2) Statusbar is permanent and unremovable
3) Almost all tools are moved to a removable toolbar that is optional
4) Bookmark bar can go beside this toolbar -> shrinks vertical footprint
5) Search is prominent
6) Security is displayed through the URL bar
7) No features had to be removed except the "Go" button, which is quite
strange in concept I think.  No reason why it can't be added back

Issues:
1) Would like to have the throbber move to the menubar on the very right
2) The search combo could expand and shrink the URL combo when it has the
focus and while as search is in progress, reverting when it loses focus.
3) Menus need more reduction/refactoring
4) Could this work for file management too?
5) The [X] button beside location is too clickable
6) Do we need the Location: label?

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer				http://www.kde.org/