Please review: change of window property lookup

Harri Porten porten at froglogic.com
Mon May 30 11:09:24 BST 2005

On Mon, 30 May 2005, David Faure wrote:

> Of course when reading this it sort of makes sense: why should something
> as general as "Object.prototype.open" override window.open... Hmm,
> that's arguable I guess. Well, a solution would be a specific
> WindowPrototype?

Yes. That was actually my initial plan at the time before we had turned
window into the global object.

> Or would that make no difference since it would
> "inherit" object prototype anyway?

In the end that would have to happen, yes. So it boils down the making
sure the lookup orders are right again.

I got very interesting results when printing out

  window.__proto__ and
  window.__proto__.__proto__

btw. One of them was called "Global Namespace Polluter" or something :)

> In any case it would be interesting to check how other objects that use
> the object-prototype behave, e.g. history, screen etc.

Will do.

Harri.