WebCore-4xx CSS changes

Paulo Moura Guedes moura at kdewebdev.org
Wed May 25 17:18:42 BST 2005

Hi Niko,

On Wednesday 25 May 2005 14:20, Nikolas Zimmermann wrote:
> Hi Paulo,
>
> well there are quite some performance changes, though porting that back
> into khtml itself will be quite hard to do, as changes like AtomicString,
> affecs a hell lot of code, not even thinking of all the BIC changes. So, I
> don't think these changes can be merged into khtml HEAD. But there is hope
> :)

Sure :) You see, I want to build a prototype to test the new editing code from
WebCore 4xx, similar to what Leo has done with designmode_branch. Though,
that code depends on the new CSS implementation.

> I've already backported a lot of these changes into kdom in a local
> prototype, and yes this would work fine. Though I am postponing that
> until khtml2 is back in a functional state.

So, perhaps is better to wait and test the new editing code against khtml2
instead of khtml. That is my goal anyway :) Maybe one branch can be created
then to port the CSS and the editing code.

Please tell me when you feel that work could be started.

--
Paulo Moura Guedes

Linux Caixa Mágica  - http://caixamagica.org
KDE Web Development - http://kdewebdev.org