KDEML workshop at aKademy 2005

Frans Englich frans.englich at telia.com
Wed May 4 17:36:22 BST 2005

On Wednesday 04 May 2005 15:39, Leo Savernik wrote:
> Am Mittwoch, 4. Mai 2005 16:21 schrieb Allan Sandfeld Jensen:
> > I was thinking it would nice to have a workshop meeting at aKademy
> > between KHTML and the KSVG2 people to discuss using KDOM and also discuss
> > the future and direction of KHTML.
> >
> > What do you think?
>
> Yes!

Suggestion: perhaps it could be an idea to broaden the scope. I think Quanta
will switch to KDOM and some of its plans I've heard about is closely related
to KDOM development, and hence affecting other technologies building upon
it(KHTML).

For example, validation for document editing had been of interest, and the
implementation approach would likely be a creation of an XML Schema stack,
accessed via DOM's schema/typing interfaces -- and that's KDOM relevant, and
affects future KHTML related technologies such as XForms, XSL-T, and what
not(because it's data typing, the XPath 2.0 data model).

I think it is important to remember that XML's scope is wide, not tied to the
traditional view of web browsers, and that KDOM has per design that
genericness.

Cheers,

		Frans