Willing to contribute to konqueror image gallery creator

Dirk Gorissen dgorissen at gmx.net
Sat Mar 5 20:04:19 GMT 2005

Hello all!

I hope this is the right place to post :/

First of all, I've been an avid KDE fan for a few years now and I must say
the
rate and quality of the improvements throughout the years is astounding!
Keep
up the fantastic work folks!

I especially like konqueror for all its flexibility though there is one
little
thing I would like to see improved.  Im willing to try and code the
improvement myself and, if it all works, contribute.

It concerns the "Tools Menu -> Create Image Gallery" option which is
available
when browsing an image directory.  Currently it only creates a one-page
gallery.  If you only have a few images this is fine but with a large number

of images the result is one massive page with loads of thumbnails.
I would like to add the option so the user can specify how many thumbnails
he
wants on each page.  Also I wanted to look into making the thumbnails a
little nicer (edge blurring, shadow,...).

Ok, so thats all nice and well but I have few questions:

1) is anybody already working on this? If so there is no need for duplicate
work.
2) I have never played around with the KDE source.  To be able to code this
in
where should I start looking in the source and how would I go about this?
3) Can I compile a standalone version of konqueror to test with or are there

dependencies I need to take into account?
4) Any other tips, hints,... appreciated :)

Many thanks!
Cheers
Dirk

--
Dirk Gorissen
University of Antwerp (UA)

--
SMS bei wichtigen e-mails und Ihre Gedanken sind frei ...
Alle Infos zur SMS-Benachrichtigung: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/sms