keditbookmarks splitview

Daniel Teske teske at squorn.de
Thu Jun 30 16:33:34 BST 2005

> > I'd like to remove the splitview
> No objections from me.
Well that's proabably all the feedback I'll get.

Anyway here are the patches.
It turned outh that removing the splitview made a lot of code nearly
unecessary. So I removed them too, which required a rewrite of the
selection cache. All in all, it's rather big.

Includes is a patch for kio/bookmarks. It adds a operator< for
KBookmarks. I don't think that "less" makes sense for bookamarks.
It's just the limitation of qHeapSort, which always uses operator< for
sorting.
So, should I use the stl instead?

The marketing fluff would be:
Less code, less bugs and more speed.

Less code:
Around 25 Lines (counting that I have more comment lines and format my
code a little different.)

Less Bugs:
The most visible is that selecting empty folder padders and adding
bookmarks, separators and folders now works.
There were a few other strange things in the code. (Things where I'm
pretty sure that intent and actuall action differ.)

More speed
And the new code now scales (Not perfectly, but pretty good.)
"Select All" on ~1000 bookmarks is almost instant, whereas it took
handstopped ~5 seconds before. (I actually tested it, but don't have
the numbers at hand.)

daniel teske